How to wire a 5 pin relay:
- Pin 30 – Power goes IN to this pin from a power source (battery). Always run a fuse in between the power source and the relay.
- Pin 87 – Power comes OUT of this pin and connects to your accessory (light, fuel pump, radio, etc.) when the switch is turned ON.
- Pin 86 – Power goes IN to this pin FROM the switch. The other side of the switch should be connected to a power source (battery) with a fuse in between the battery and switch.
- Pin 85 – Connect this pin to ground (chassis, body, negative terminal on battery).
- Pin 87a – Power comes OUT of this pin when the switch is turned OFF. This pin is not always needed and can be ignored if so.